- Buyers' Guide
- Contact Us
CMT’s fourth Global Feed Summit will be held from 27-28 February 2020 in Bangkok, focussing on the most advanced producers of aquatic feed in Asia
The Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the aquafeed market due to increasing seafood demand and trade. However, the market is affected by growing environmental concerns and fluctuating raw materials prices. The recent approval by EU and Canada clearing insect protein for use in fish feed has driven innovators to search for and develop alternative ingredients to replace fish meal.
Several aquaculture companies are shifting to sustainable feed meals and innovative ingredients. INVE, for instance, has introduced new live feed for fish and shrimps. These feeds optimise the nutritional value of live feed such as rotifers and Artemia.
Last year, INVE introduced a new plant-based water conditioner that enhances stress-resistance of shrimp (post) larvae and suppresses vibrio during transportation.
At the conference, many companies will share more details on sustainable innovations in the aquafeed industry. Jennifer Kuo, spokesperson and convenor of ESG committee, Grobest Group, will speak on the topic “Moving towards a Sustainable Aquaculture Industry with Innovative Aqua Feed.” The session will focus on
· Meeting rising aquaculture demand and sustainable aquafeed products
· Transitioning from traditional feed ingredients to novel ingredients
· Value addition for better animal performance
· Challenges and opportunities facing the industry
Dr Olivier Decamp, product manager for farm and feed mill, INVE Aquaculture/INVE Asia Services, will discuss the trends and innovative feed strategies to improve shrimp performance. The session will focus on
· Trends and innovative feed strategies to improve shrimp performance
· Development of strategies covering the whole production cycle
· Focus on cost-benefit analysis
· Data from Asia and Latin America