Just as the world population surpassed 8bn, a turning point for ag occurred with Case IH, a global leader in agricultural equipment, realising that they played a vital role in increasing farmers’ productivity as they continued to feed the world
The growing portfolio of Case IH ag technology solutions deliver autonomy and automation for the full farming cycle. On 7 and 8 December 2022, at CNH Industrial Tech Days at Phoenix in Arizona, US, Case IH debuted milestone innovations in a developing technology portfolio.
“Case IH is and will continue to combine the world’s best and agronomically superior iron with industry-leading, cutting-edge technology that delivers on our brand promise — to make farmers’ lives easier, make their operations more productive and help them thrive in their mission to feed an ever-growing population,” said Scott Harris, Case IH global brand president.
The Tech Days announcements included two new autonomy and automation solutions, and a new electric tractor prototype:
• Driverless Tillage Solution — Case IH is building on its tractor and tillage platforms with Raven Autonomy, featuring an advanced perception and sensing system to deliver an autonomous tillage solution. The result is increased productivity with consistent agronomic performance and richer data insights.
• Driver Assist Harvest Solution — Case IH is advancing productivity with a driver assist harvest solution that synchronises combine and tractor functionality and features Raven Autonomy technology. Farmer benefits include more-efficient operations, automated processes to reduce the need for skilled labour, less fatigue and less spilled grain.
• Electric Tractor Prototype — CNH Industrial also presented an electric tractor prototype, which will feature a Case IH model at release. This zero-emissions farming solution with autonomous features is a result of collaboration with electrified ag innovator, Monarch Tractor.
Case IH has a strong, recognised and awarded legacy of innovation in Advanced Farming Systems (AFS). “The world has reached a turning point, resulting in a clear need for farmers and the industry to increase productivity. Case IH is responding to that need with technological, machine and method process advances throughout the value chain,” Harris said. “We’ll respond by continuing to advance our commitment to sustainability. We believe these developments are the foundation of a healthier, sustainable and more-productive farming ecosystem.”
The Case IH pipeline of innovation includes:
• Continuing to advance precision and agronomic technologies, helping farmers reduce nutrients and product applications as well as water usage to support a cleaner world.
• Advancing alternative propulsion solutions to enhance the sustainability of farming through aggressive developments in Electrification and co-development with Monarch Tractor.
• Rapidly innovating to meet the labour challenges farmers face across the globe, delivering functional automation and leading to a future of full autonomy.
• Expanding its digital technology suite with comprehensive development, such as seamless cloud-enabled data transfer and consolidation, mobile app and portal developments, and more.